First Man Awake

As most readers know I rarely engage in political discourse unless it has relevance to intergender dynamics. This video is an exception. If you need a clear example of a feminist controlled state, this is it.

I actually went through Women’s/Gender Studies course when I was in college. The main reason I took the class was because there were only 2 classes being offered on campus that completed a Capstone, Humanities and Diversity requirement in a single class – Holocaust Studies and Women’s Studies. That’s basically the estimation most women want you to think their ‘sufferage’ is on par with; the Holocaust. I chose Women’s Studies because I basically wanted to put my money where my mouth has always been (literally and figuratively ) and also get inside what popular media, and the feminization that it’s gone through for the last 40+ years, has been selling both men and women. I enjoyed debating these ladies as I was one of 2 guys in the Women’s Literature class.

I didn’t know it at the time, but one of the beacons of positive masculine hope I had back in the days before the internet, before understanding Game and even the term ‘red pill’ was reading Why Men are the Way They Are by Dr. Warren Farrell. It opened my understanding of intergender relations in a way I’d never understood. If I had a red pill moment in my past reading this books was it. It was published in 1986 so the specifics might be a little dated for a modern reader, but for an overall perspective of how our gender landscape has evolved it will always be on my ‘must read’ list for guy just now taking the red pill.

My phone-it-in feminist stepmother and beta-confused father had picked up the book in order to eviscerate it in some proto-SWPL home book club they belonged to at the time. Oddly enough it ended up on their bookshelf after that (replete with my stepmother’s penciled in margin notes), and I remember picking it up in the hope that it would give me some self-effacing insight into how I could be a more accommodating beta schlub for my BPD girlfriend who was slowly eroding the last vestiges of my former Alpha self.

What it did was enlighten me.

Farrell is anything but a rape apologist, I would compare him with the first man to wake up in the Matrix. Most of his insight, research and writing were prompted by his involvement in the early 70’s feminist movement. He even self-identified as a male feminist back then, but it was this experience that brought him to a fuller understanding of the feminine imperative.

Intellectual Lethargy

What offends me about this protest isn’t the actual protesting, but the sheer ignorance behind it. If it were the easily digestible blatherings of Rush Limbaugh they were protesting I could understand it, but Dr. Farrell isn’t even in the same universe. All this is is an example of intellectual lethargy, which is really a shame because I would expect that the young men and women involved in the protest, all students at U of T, would be acquainted with research and critical thinking skills necessary before formulating such strong opinions and visceral reactions.

To be educated takes a constant effort. Most people in modern society simply do not have the time, inclination or motivation to be in any way knowledgeable about more than a peripheral understanding of the world around them. The ridiculously ironic part is that we live in an era when communication of information has never been more easily accessible to us.

Now add to this that we’re expected to be at least somewhat well informed due to this access. Our ego-investments with regards to politics, religion, social dynamics, gender relations etc. all depend upon a belief that we’re actually well informed enough know what we’re talking about and draw our own conclusions. We would have to be, right? It’s expected of us as intelligent human beings.

The truth of the matter is that unless we are immediately benefitted by educating ourselves about a particular subject (i.e. as short term a profit as easily manageable), for the vast majority of modern society, educating oneself is a hobby at best. We live in a fast-food, fast-information society. We can’t be bothered to, or in some cases really afford to, develop critical thinking skills – particularly when they might challenge our own ego-investments. This is why the feminine Matrix flourishes today, it’s easier not to think about things that are counter to our social conditioning.

But we want to be right, and to be right we have to believe that we have these critical thinking skills. In fact our personalities and well being depend upon being correct in our beliefs. This is an age of ego-investment. Ego investments are beliefs we associate with, and internalize, so strongly that they literally become elements of our personalities. So to challenge that belief is to literally attack the personality of the person with that ego-investment. It would make no difference how empirical your evidence to the contrary of that belief might be; you attack the belief and you attack the person. Religion, racism, political affiliation, gender dynamics, social dynamics, world view, all find their roots in individual ego-investments in those beliefs.

Needless to say this has an extremely polarizing effect upon lazy people who’d rather not put forth any effort to objectively educate themselves in ways that would ever challenge their core ego-investments. So we see a factionalizing of people into camps where those ego-investments are reinforced in spite of any controverting evidence. Thus a team mentality evolves; our red team is better than your blue team irrespective of any factor that might be contrary. So long as my team wins and your team loses my ego-investments remain validated. It becomes a clash of who’s ego-investments get validated and any value the “other’s” might have had are never acknowledged.

This is a shame because Dr. Warren Farrell has dedicated his life –most of it spent in the feminized cultural wastelands of the late 80’s and 90’s – to researching, understanding and revealing the uncomfortable truths of intergender dynamics. He’s the godfather of the manosphere that most red pill men aren’t even aware of.

5 1 vote

muscleman

There’s nothing surprising about this protest, of course they’re not going to be educated on the matter. Here’s the thing though – you can escape all of this by doing 2 things: 1) Learn in relative anonymity. I learned game mainly through books, personal trial and error, observation, and help from an online community. To this day I still don’t overtly state my beliefs to most people; there’s no point. I just act them out. 2) Become alpha. It takes time, longer for some than others, but it’s worth it. Near the end of the video, that chick telling the… Read more »

AW
AW

I would like to see a Mark Minter vs. Matt King boxing match, it could be put on as a fundraiser for this site.

PermanentGuest

Video is ridiculous. The worst part about it is that the police are terrified of the women.

I was thinking of reading “Myth of Male power” soon, but haven’t heard much about it. This post (leading to a few Warren Ferrell videos) is what I needed to hear. I’ll check it out soon.

Latest Post: Some Sound Advice

thehonestg

As a recent graduate of a liberal feminist college in the midwest, I have seen similar reactions to speakers such as John Ashcroft and David Horowitz. I was friends with a lot of the protesters. Basically it was just a bunch of middle class kids with a rudimentary understanding of the issues at hand looking for an issue to latch on to and make a stink. Using logic on them was just fueling the fire. @Rollo- I am wondering if you might consider doing (or maybe it is already in the archives, if so just direct me) a post about… Read more »

Ace Haley

I learn a lot from reading the comments on here.

L.V.X.

All writing is fiction. I think everyone should begin with that mindset – despite what’s true. At least it removes the male’s rational hamster.

BTW a girl I’ve written about literally has a hamster tattooed on her arm. Some things are just funny.

Mark Minter too. He needs to lighten the fuck up. Same with King.

Days of Broken Arrows
Days of Broken Arrows

hehonestg: As a recent graduate of a liberal feminist college in the midwest, I have seen similar reactions to speakers such as John Ashcroft and David Horowitz…it was just a bunch of middle class kids with a rudimentary understanding of the issues at hand looking for an issue to latch on to and make a stink.

Beatlemania in reverse, then. Someone should tell them that. When a bunch of young girls get together they’re always squealing about something, one way or the other.

Martel

@ Arrows: “Beatlemania in reverse, then.”

Brilliant!

Lazarus
Lazarus

@ thehonestg:

Just send her a link to the 29/31 video.

YaReally
YaReally

“I personally think someone got to Mentu after the vasectomy post and he was forced to shut down UMAN. I mean he yanked it all. Someone had said they found Google Cache of it and YaReally said “Man, let it go. If he wanted it down, he had a reason and respect it. ”” For the record I don’t believe I’ve ever said that. I don’t even really know who Mentu is. I can’t speak for the Manosphere or MGTOWs but PUAs are prospering in this environment. Everyone hates men unless they’re attracted to them, then we become the exception.… Read more »

YaReally
YaReally

MRAs explain what’s wrong.

The Manosphere explains why it’s wrong.

PUAs explain how to fix it.

MGTOWs avoid it.

L.V.X.

Yet all perpetuate it.

D-Man
D-Man

Well said Martel. I refuse to join the ranks of whiners. If I’m pissed, I’ll seek to express it with my choices. Create consequence, not noise.

And if we expose the irrationality and hypocrisy of the currently-ascendant far left (as seen in the video), that should not reflexively make us “right-wing”.

We’re on the same page there Rollo. There’s bullshit everywhere.

taterearl

“our male biological programming recognizes the ‘i need to be fucked to within an inch of my life’ vibe that she’s giving out.”

Like her vibe at 4:15.

Martel

YaReally: You’re definitely onto something in how the femmis lash out at every aspect of the Manoshpere except the PUA’s. I think there are a couple of reasons for this (in addition to yours). First, it reminds me of a phenomenon I read about how in parts of Europe cops will bust some old lady to high hell for jaywalking, but let the serious thugs run wild. If you violate Health & Safefty because you’re walkway is uneven, the government will be all up in you, but be a serial carjacker, and get a slap on the wrist. They feel… Read more »

hoops574812

“ever notice how people at anti-abortion rallies are people you wouldn’t want to fuck in the first place”.

-George Carlin

Same type of logic applies here.

L.V.X.

People should listen to Martel. Rollo provide’s a very simple, objective, and concise space for dialogue. And a space for healthy minds to either become degenerate or learn to mature. Often simultaneously. Martel said above what I can’t while intoxicated. I just have to say – where there is no authority but those who gather follower’s, it’s likely difficult for most men to filter the nonsense from the truth, and cypher the sarcastic from the realistic. That’s one aspect that’s difficult nowadays. Like last night, I ended up in a girl’s car hooking up with her for hours, a month… Read more »

Martel

If anyone’s in the mood to watch a hamster spinning:

“As you can imagine, I feel a lot of guilt for wanting this. Is it OK for me to be a feminist who believes women are strong and powerful, but to also want to feel protected by a guy?”–No, because you’re a feminist.

“Is it wrong for me to want to feel taken care of?”–Not if you want to be a feminist.

“Do I just think there’s still an equal balance of power but really I’m deluding myself?”–Yes.

“Aren’t I being a hypocrite?”–Yes.

b-166-er
b-166-er

Damaged Women Stage Drunken 2 a.m. March On Washington2:24
The Damaged Women’s Coalition angrily marched on the capitol this afternoon before returning later drunk and crying.

Martel

And more of “we need to solve our problems by making them worse”:

Of course, most of the stuff she lists as the obvious results of misogyny hardly happened at all when men were in charge of things.

“In order to learn how to hate one person, you learn hatred itself.”

Anyone who’s spend any time around a toddler realized that hatred doesn’t need to be taught.

Erudite Knight

“This is what men’s right looks like!” -incoherent feminist.

Uh, a whole bunch of police standing in a line is what mens rights looks like?

Dillon
Dillon

A very interesting non-manosphere debate on what feminism has become. http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=675994 Comment by Shagnasty: “I believe in equal rights in almost all ways but the label ‘feminist’ is loaded with so much bullshit that I don’t think any self-respecting person, especially males, should be associated with it unless you are trying to get laid at a hippie festival. I never bought bought the argument that ‘feminism’ is supposed to about sex equality on both sides. It is a branding issue that should be obvious any 1st year marketing student. Men have legitimate discrimination issues too especially when it comes to… Read more »

DJDamage
DJDamage

Saw this on 9gag today (out of all places): Judging by the facebook comments some people are begining to wake up.

treylesnorth

“When we hear the phrase “the battle of the sexes,” there is an unspoken assumption that both sexes have been blaming equally. The battle, though, could easily be called, “The female attack on men” not “the male attack on women.” There is a distinction between responding to blame and initiating it. Men have changed less, but they have also blamed less.” — P.308 Why Men Are the Way They Are

Johnny Caustic
Johnny Caustic

This is amazing. I’ve read four or five of Farrell’s books, and he’s as mild an advocate of men’s issues as you could imagine. He’s one of the least misogynistic people on the planet.

All he asks is that women try to understand men’s point of view too. Apparently, these days that makes you a woman-hater. These protesters are essentially demanding that there be zero tolerance for supporting or understanding men in any way whatsoever.

Skintervention Guide Reviews

You can certainly see your skills within the work you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

Nathan
Nathan

“Obama won because he was good at Game”

Obama sucks at game. Look at his wife. Obama won because of institutionalized white guilt, which is just as entrenched as institutionalized feminism